Ten top tips to ensure your dog leads a healthy lifestyle
Here at Goodwyns, ensuring our customers have a healthy dog is at the forefront of our ethos. A healthy dog makes for a happy dog, so to ensure that our customers have the fittest pooches possible, we wanted to share some top tips for maintaining a balanced lifestyle.
- Make sure that your dog always has access to fresh, clean water, as hydration is incredibly important.
- Dogs are just like us and can suffer food sensitivities, which should be taken seriously by owners. This is also why all products in our Goodwyns range are made entirely from natural ingredients and are free from wheat, gluten, additives, and preservatives.
- Be sure to feed your dog the recommended amount of food for his/her size. Overfeeding can lead to obesity and other serious health issues, such as problems with joints.
- Always keep water and food bowls clean - you wouldn’t want to eat from dirty dishes, so why would your dog?
- Vets offer expert advice on nutrition, so if you’re ever in doubt, ask them - it’s what they’re there for.
- Always supervise your dog when feeding them treats such as bones.
- Walk your dog at least once a day for 30 minutes. Active dogs make for happy dogs.
- Always re-seal food, in an air-tight container, once it has been opened. This ensures it stays as fresh as possible.
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 can be extremely beneficial for both skin and coat health, as well as brain and eye development, and even muscle and joint suppleness. This is why all products in the Goodwyns range are rich in these oils.
- Don’t feed your dog your leftovers. What may seem like a tasty treat, could be harmful.